Wednesday 23 February 2011

Voting Alternatively

AV will also make you spontaneously combust


I was up until now undecided about which way to vote, if at all, at the AV Referendum. Courtesey of these billboards I'm now voting in favour of it. It's disgustingly cheap and shows a disturbing shift towards the kind of bollocks American conservative groups like to plaster all over the walls and TV in campaign season, which is of course exactly what the neo-cons in our conservative government (nobody is even pretending it's a coalition anymore) want. They genuinely look at the poverty stricken (despite being the richest nation on earth), racially striven, culturally abject desert island across the sea, dominated entirely by corporations run by the most stupid and purile men on the planet, and think yes, this is how I want Britain to look. I was tempted to vote AV anyway, just to voice my discontent at our current system, even if AV isn't anywhere near what I would like to see happen (the removal of party politics). No, I will be doing it simply to spread the message that gross, irrelevant and frankly lazy advertisements will not only fail to put me off (notice the posters are not there to inform but simply to frighten people away), but will encourage me to go out of my way to do the exact opposite of what they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment