Friday 11 February 2011

Culture Shock

 Nowadays all kids do is play with pogs


There's a few films and TV Shows I've been watching lately which I would recommend watching. Funny Ha Ha is a remarkable little low budget number about a woman not long graduated from uni and what she get's up too afterwards, which mostly consists of her being charming, kissing dudes and changing her job on a near monthly basis. It's really well worth a watch, and it probably cost the same as/less than the Blair Witch did to make and is certainly money better spent. Otherwise I watched Lost Highway by that Davey Lynch fella, it started strongly and got progressively weaker to the point that it actually featured Marilyn Manson's music in it and I had to watch it with my thumbs in my ears. In it's defence (sort of) it was made in 1997, so I suppose Manson seemed a bit more acceptable back then (?). I also watched Black Dynamite which was LOL-tastic and does everything it says on the tin. There was also North By Northwest, which is by Hitchcock and probably better than any of the James Bond films, and Historias Minimas, a quaint Argentinian film about an old man an' his dog. NO I did not purchase any of these films legally, although I would consider buying Funny Ha Ha.

As for TV on the Internet (band name in that right?), I've been hitting the 90's hard with some serious Fresh Prince of Bel Air (Geoffrey calls Will a wanker!) and Freaks and Geeks watching. Will Smith and James Franco are two of the handsomest and most charming men on television. I watched the first ep. of Portlandia too which was hilarious and makes me simultaneously want to move to/further away from Portland. Creepy Communal farms. Loads of the Daily with Jon 'Beef' Stewart. I've also been watching Look Around You which is one of those Peter Serafinowicz faux Brit documentary jobs that are always funny and always just short enough that you don't get bored of them. It does raise concerns that most watchable British TV is like that, can nobody in television write a plot?

Otherwise I've been getting drunk and politically agitated and it's been lots of fun. Apparently my lectures have started too but I can't say I've really noticed.

No comments:

Post a Comment